Baston House School is an Ofsted rated “Good” School
- The headteacher’s high aspirations are shared by staff, governors and families.
- Staff provide exceptional support for pupils’ personal development. Pupils greatly appreciate the guidance staff provide.
- Pupils told us how much they enjoy the many experiences they have outside of lessons, such as the talent show and careers events.
- Relationships between staff and pupils are excellent. Pupils trust the people who work with them, whether they are from the teaching or therapy teams
- All pupils who left the school at the end of Year 11, or completed the sixth form, have moved on to further education, employment or an apprenticeship
- Leaders have invested in high-quality resources to develop pupils’ reading abilities. This has increased pupils’ enjoyment of reading and developed their confidence as readers.
- The therapeutic provision is also of high quality. Pupils learn strategies that they can use to manage their behaviour and feelings.