Safeguarding Officer/Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
At OFG, we work smarter so you can spend more time doing what makes you happy!
How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
4DWW will be rolled out within our school, when we have a full complement of staff, and within the next year – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join us #teamOFG!
Job Title: Safeguarding Officer / Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Location: Baston House School, Bromley, Kent
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only
Are you a Safeguarding Officer / Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead committed to improving the lives of pupils and young people? Join our fantastic team at Baston House School in Bromley, Kent.
- To be the first responder to pupil related safeguarding concerns, with direction and support from the Inclusion Manager, acting in capacity of DDSL.
- To work with pupils and their families who may be experiencing health, social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and/or at risk of social exclusion/disaffection so that the pupil can thrive and achieve their full potential.
- To work with families, accessing resources, to help increase their involvement in the education and welfare of their pupils.
- Experience working with multi-agency professionals
- Experienced DDSL or previous relevant experience considered
- Willingness to work towards other relevant qualifications as required
- Driving licence
- Good knowledge of specialist area
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Baston House School is an independent day specialist provider of education in Bromley, Kent for pupils and young people aged from 5 to 19 years who have been diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to pupils, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.