How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
If the trial is a success, we’ll be rolling the 4DWW out across the Group – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join #teamOFG!
Job Title: Science Teacher
Location: Baston House School, Bromley, Kent
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday to Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
Are you a Science Teacher committed to improving the lives of pupils and young people?
We are looking for an experienced Science Teacher to join our fantastic team at Baston House School in Bromley, Kent. As a Science Teacher you will take a creative approach to teaching pupils according to their educational needs, ensuring delivery of the school curriculum in a way that maximises pupils’ achievement and ability to develop.
Quality is always top of our agenda, and we pride ourselves on the quality of what we do. We are looking for a Science Teacher who shares our vision to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK, to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Educated to Qualified Teacher Status, you will be calm, engaging, resilient, and have an innovative style of teaching, motivated by helping every pupil to reach their potential.
Baston House School is an independent day specialist provider of education in Bromley, Kent for pupil and young people aged from 5 to 19 years who have been diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC).
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to pupils, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Job Summary and Duties
As the Science Teacher, your role will involve providing teaching support within the framework of the National Curriculum, GCSE’s and Functional Skills Programme. You will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our pupil with the very best outcomes; planning and promoting teaching and learning outside of normal classroom settings to pupils with autism. This role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible, who can easily engage with pupil that may be reluctant to engage in lessons due to previous life experiences.
We are looking to appoint a flexible, adaptable and dedicated individual with experience working with pupils with autism and behavioural difficulties.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties would include:
- Teaching Science to pupil with a range of abilities
- Preparing, planning and assessing teaching sessions whilst maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments
- Writing and implement individual education plans, making assessments of educational attainment, setting challenging yet achievable targets
- Build relationships with all young people, which will encourage their interest and participation in their education
- Creating an environment which is stimulating and purposeful for all pupils to promote teaching and learning outside the formal classroom settings
Key Skills Required:
- UK Qualified Teacher Status
- Have a background of teaching Science, delivering teaching at a good or outstanding level
- Knowledge of current education issues in relation to terms of practise, process and curriculum
- Be experienced working within an educational setting, supporting with autism and challenging behaviour
- Effective communication skills with the ability to build ongoing positive relationships with the pupil
Why join Options Autism?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupil and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.