At Baston House School we are committed to providing all of our students with a broad, balanced and personalised education.
Once in Year 9, the emphasis is upon providing students with a varied diet of studies across a wide range of subjects and qualifications. Pupils are given every opportunity to access these lessons through the team work and efforts of their teaching teams. In preparation for the future, pupils also have a transition plan drafted from Year 9 onwards and attend lessons on preparing for work and independent living.
Pupils have the opportunity to choose some of their courses for Year 10 and 11, in order to pursue particular interests or strengths. At this ‘Options’ stage, students choose from the subjects on offer.
In Year 10 all students study a core of subjects which provide our young people with a broad and balanced curriculum diet. This core comprises English, Mathematics and Science. Students then select from courses in PE, Design and Technology, Food Technology, Information and Communication Technology and Art. The range of options for the learners is growing as the school grows.
In Year 11 pupils continue their studies along the options that they have chosen. We will also discuss and plan what future paths pupils may take with regards to their education, be that solely with us or in collaboration with the colleges that partner us.
Some of the qualifications/accreditations offered include GCSE, Btec, ASDAN, Entry Levels and Functional Skills in a range of subjects.
Students in the sixth form can continue with their studies at school, this may include accreditation at the following levels: GCSE, Function Skills, Entry Levels 1-3, ASDAN and BTec. We offer accreditation in English, mathematics, combined science, media, physical education, music, humanities, drama, art & design, food technology, business studies, information technology and employability.
The majority of 6th Form students have a blended learning programme that is tailored to the academic and social needs. For example, blended programmes can include students being supported at a range of local colleges of further education for part of the week and at school for the remainder. Sixth form programmes also include researching options for life after school and opportunities for work experience.
KS4 and Post 16 Curriculum Maps
Please click on the drop down menus below to see the curriculum maps for the relevant subjects.
- Business GCSE AQA 8132 Curriculum Map
- Curriculum Map Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award
- Curriculum Map Duke of Edinburgh Silver Award
- Curriculum Map Maths Entry Level
- Curriculum Map Maths Functional Skills Level
- Curriculum Map Maths Functional Skills Level 2
- Curriculum Map Maths GCSE Foundation
- Curriculum Map Maths GCSE Higher KS4
- Curriculum Map Statistics GCSE Foundation
- English Entry Level Curriculum Map
- English Literature Curriculum Map
- Functional Skills Curriculum Map
- KS4 Art and design Curriculum Map
- KS4 Careers Curriculum Map
- KS4 KS5 AQA History Curriculum Map
- KS4 KS5 Design and Technology Curriculum-Map
- KS4 KS5 Food Technology Curriculum Map
- KS4 KS5 Horticutlure Curriculum Map
- KS4 KS5 ICT Curriculum Map
- KS4 KS5 Music Curriculum Map
- KS4 KS5 Painting and Decorating Curriculum Map
- KS4 KS5 Social Skills Curriculum Map
- KS4 PE Curriculum Map
- KS4 Science Curriculum Map
- Media Curriculum Map
- PSHE Ed KS4 Curriculum Map
- English Language GCSE Curriculum Map
- Curriculum Map Independent Living KS4 5
- GCSE Statistics Curriculum Map KS5
- KS5 Art and Design Curriculum Map
- KS5 Biology Curriculum Map 2021 2022
- KS5 Careers Curriculum Map
- KS5 Enrichment Animal Care Curriculum Map
- KS5 Enrichment Careers Curriculum Map
- KS5 Enrichment Expressive Arts Short Course Curriculum Map
- KS5 Enrichment Gardening Curriculum Map
- KS5 PE Curriculum Map
- KS5 Sociology Curriculum Map
- PSHE Ed KS5 Curriculum Map
The School day
- 8.45-9.15 Registration/Tutorial
- 9.15-10.00 Lesson 1
- 10.00-10.45 Lesson 2
- 10.45-11.05 Break
- 11.05-11.50 Lesson 3
- 11.50-12.35 Lesson 4
- 12.35-13.20 Lunch
- 13.20-13.25 Registration
- 13.25-14.10 Lesson 5
- 14.10-14.55 Lesson 6
- 14.55-15.05 Tutor Time